Your feet! They are you greatest supporters in life… Literally!
Here are just a few facts about your feet…By the end of reading this we are hoping you just might realise something..
1. A human foot & ankle is a strong, mechanical structure that contains 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons & ligaments
2. The 52 bones in your feet make up one quarter of all the bones in your body. When they are out of alignment, so is the rest of your body.
3. There are approximately 250,000 sweat glands in a pair of feet, and they excrete as much as half a pint of moisture each day.
4. The soles of your feet contain more sweat glands and sensory nerve endings per square centimeter than any other part of the body.
5. Women are 4 times more likely to have foot problems than men are, mostly due to footwear.
6. A 2½-inch high heel can increase the load on the forefoot by 75%.
7. Many people have one foot larger than the other, so it’s best to fit the larger one while standing.
8. The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day, which add up to 115,000 miles in a lifetime – more than 4 times the circumference of the globe.
9. During an average day of walking, the total forces on your feet can total hundreds of tons, equivalent to an average of a fully loaded cement truck.
10. Standing in one spot is far more tiring than walking because the demands are being made on the same few muscles for a longer length of time.
And that realisation is? We really need to look after our feet! Start with a good pair of shoes, and a massage every once in a while. You should treat them nicely, and in return I’m sure they’ll treat you with the love you need to get through your day!