Balanced Bodies Massage in Port Melbourne and Doncaster


  Contact : 1300 305 156

Use simple massage techniques to cure Headaches!

One of the most common ailments you can experience is headaches. 90% of the population will get them at one point or another, and what I wouldn’t give to be the other 10%. Unfortunately with multiple causes of head pain, it’s bound to happen eventually. And many of these causes are very difficult to avoid.

Acupressure is an alternative medicine approach developed in Tibet before acupuncture came to be. To keep it as basic as possible, the idea is this. You can affect the flow of energy and chemistry in your body by applying pressure at specific areas of your body.  The inside of your eyebrows, just above the bridge of your nose are acupressure points and application of pressure to these points – directly over the facial sinuses – can lead to some relief with headaches. Ever notice how your hands naturally gravitate to this area when you have pain?

Other acupressure points include:
The temples – These areas seem to hold a lot of the muscle stress from the rest of the scalp. Just my personal observation. And gently massaging both temples with your thumbs or fingers can help relieve some of that built-up tension.

  • The base of the skull. Again, here we have some of the primary muscles for the head and neck. Tilt your head back and press upwards in a circular motion.
  • Between the thumb and index finger. There is a pressure point located in this meaty part of the hand. Firmly pinch the area between the thumb and forefinger with the other thumb and forefinger, and give it a good massage.
  • This last one might be a little harder to do at work. Start between your big toe and second toe. On the top of your foot come back about one inch and press down.

So, next time you feel that ache behind your eyes, or anywhere else, try and remember some of these methods and deal with your pain a natural way before it gets too bad.